Sunday, November 15, 2015

Just being me!!



Every now and again I am going to through some personal shots in here. I have 2 fantastic kids and both have been by my side in one way or another. Karen is married with 2 beautiful children and she keeps me going here. All my blogs are done by Karen. Lord knows it is not my thing. Jeff still at home on and off depending on where he is has been my sidekick in some wildlife issues or just out havin fun with our cameras. I have managed to talk Karen into getting out there to. Just a bit more difficult with her busy home life. One lucky mom.
   Getting the first turtle crossing signs up in Innisfil in 2009. Jeff and I have now sustained more than 10 pair of signs and have the township making their own now as well. Some had to be replaced twice. But Julia of Adopt a Pond Toronto Zoo is right on board here. Couldn't have done it without her.                                                                      Working together.
 Jeff & I on a twin otter at MNR in Bracebridge after donating a series of photos to the pilots. Having witnessed them at work fighting a bush fire. Amazing guys.Good to have them on our side when                                                                    things go wrong out there.
                                                    Just me being me by Jeff Howard
 Me & Kiko and saker falcon who got away from her owner. A cancer survivor who depended on her for his recovery. We got the word out and got the bird back just in the nick o time. She was very hungry and lost. I have never seen such a heartwarming reconnection. It was beautiful. A lot was learned by this event. He was new at falconry and she was a young bird. They are still together and going strong years later.
                                            Karen me and Jeff together for a special event.

1 comment:

Karen Wilson said...

Aww, thanks! Great post! I'll have to have them sent to me so I don't miss them. Yes, busy life for sure .. need some down time so I can get out there with my camera again. Missing it!