Monday, March 21, 2016

Orphaned or Not.

One afternoon my husband called me and said there was a baby bird in need at a campground. Asked if I could go and look at it. So I did. By then dark was setting in and so was a bad storm. No one knew where it came from. It was just dropped at the office in a very small box. The poor thing could barely move in that box that it spend a few hours in. I was so upset. More than likely the parents were very near. But I had to take this little one home. I called a wildlife rehabilitation facility to see what I should do. And got it eating and boy did it like to eat. The storm went on for a couple days so I kept looking after this baby cedar waxwing. When all cleared up i took it back to the campground. I asked around and found out were it may have come from. There were cedar waxwings heard. The wildlife guys told me the parents should come back for it. And that is exactly what they did. It started calling and they came in close. It flew to my surprise from the bin it was in to the tree. There mom or dad came in and got their missing little baby and off they went. It was pretty incredible to say the least. A very happy ending for all. 












No comments: