Monday, March 21, 2016

To the Rescue



Sorry these loaded in backwards but this is a turtle my husband spotted on the side of the road. He drove by and saw this lump that looked funny. So turned around and went back. ( I have trained him well ). Sure enough it was a turtle upside down. On its back it was vulnerable to predication and dehydration unless it could right itself again. But this turtle had been slightly hit by a car throwing her and tipping her. But she was alive. He called me and told me he had her and what do I do now. So I told him what to do and I called Karwartha Turtle Trauma Center   in Peterborough when I got home. She was stable and although injured it was not life threatening. She spent the night in a nice warm bin in our bathtub. And first thing in the morning went for a long drive. 11 months later she was ready to come home. It is always an amazing feeling when you get to release a life back into the wild were they belong. There are no words. It is just amazing. 



                          She looked around as if to say ( thank you ) I'm home and free again.
                 She will have a nick out of her shell but it is all healed and she is ready to go.
                                                                   The release.




                                                Dr. Carstairs examining our little turtle.

No comments: